Durham’s Favorite House Painters
About Zarazua Painting Inc.
Zarazua Painting, Inc. is known for providing the Durham, NC area with quality residential and commercial painting services.
Testimonials given from current and past clients agree that the company founder, Juan Zarazua is professional, punctual, patient, and fair. His crews are respectful, quiet, and diligent. Juan will not leave a job until his clients are satisfied. He is a perfectionist to a fault, which is why he is always in demand.
Our Reputation and Vision
Zarazua Painting, Inc. has developed a very strong footprint throughout the triangle and surrounding areas. With 10+ years of experience, we have had the pleasure of establishing life-long clients in many well-known communities.
Our company vision is centered on investing time and providing high-quality work for each project while establishing healthy, life-long relationships with each one of you. We understand no client or project is the same and there is a specific vision for each job; we bring that vision to life and exceed expectations!
Zarazua – The Residential Painting Specialists
Zarazua Painting, Inc. is a fully-insured painting and renovation company providing quality services for commercial and residential properties in the Durham area.
The Zarazua Painting team always puts forth 100% effort and strives for 100% satisfaction from all customers. We take pride in knowing we can meet your needs and exceed your expectations!
Zarazua Painting, Inc. specializes in interior and exterior painting. However, our team holds a variety of skills in repair work. With a large network of contracting partners, we are capable of taking on almost any project.
Experience The Zarazua Difference
Family Owned & Operated
We’re a local & family owned painting business. This allows us to give each and every project the special attention it deserves.
Licensed & Insured
You can feel safe when you hire us for your project. Our insurance will protect your investment from any jobsite accidents and we’re a fully licensed contractor.
Zarazua Painting Inc. is lead-safe certified by the EPA and complies with all regulations for safe renovation in lead-contaminated homes.
Make your space your own with custom interior colors. We keep your space clean while delivering an exceptional interior paint job you will love.
Boost your home’s curb appeal with fresh new paint. A long lasting paint job requires proper prep work, and that’s what we deliver every time.
We clean, sand, prime, and fine finish your kitchen cabinets with durable furniture grade coatings so you can experience a beautiful kitchen for years to come.
Does your property need some repairs before painting? We can fix or replace your home’s siding and trim so that the final paint job looks perfect.
Not only will pressure washing make your property look great, it helps remove mold and debris that can cause damage down the road.
We’ll get your drywall looking great and smooth again while containing the dust as much as possible. We can fix cracks and holes as well as entire walls.
Floors, Tile, Concrete
We even take on some small concrete jobs, hardwood floor refurbishments, and tile installation projects for a custom new look.
Reviews From The Web
Tips for working with them:
- Communicate regularly and often. Prior to painting, I took the time to send my mocked-up photo visualizations, creating a computer-generated image based on the original (as-is) to illustrate exactly how I wanted the home to look.
- This helped them to suggest paint colors and stains which aligned with my vision.
- Along the way, there were indeed tweaks and modifications (i.e. changing the exterior trim color from Magic Black to Tricorn Black, showing the Garage painted Urban Bronze vs. Dovetail, etc) but showing exactly what was changed to the new result and confirming it verbally meant that our home turned out precisely how I had envisioned, even if there were minor changes along the way
- As I made changes, I communicated them immediately, first to Erick, my sales contact, via cell or email, then to Mariam, Zarazua's incredible office coordinator, and additionally, to Jullian, the project supervisor
- Particularly during the summer months, but at other times especially, OFFER THEM WATER! Of course, they would bring their own, but I felt as though it was the least I could do while they focused on painting over 2700 square feet of home.
- They are more than just painters. When I mentioned the changing of nine light fixtures around the house, they booked an electrician, specialized and trained to change out the lights. rather than relying on me and a YouTube video.
- Our renovation also included the removal of some overhanging cabinets, which opened up the room. The carpenter and I offered a few outcomes of how it would or could look, recommending not removing what he pointed out was a structural support beam in the process (thank goodness!)
- This team is meticulous, but they are also willing to return and fix anything they may have missed after completing the job. This goes above and beyond customer service, in my opinion.
- As a caution, remember that every job has its hiccups and original timelines can come with unexpected delays. I would recommend that if you are against a deadline, plan for a buffer time of 2-3 days just in case the job takes longer than expected. They are not the type of contractor to promise the work completed in a week and for it to take 3 weeks. However, depending on the level of color matching and touch-ups, the time it takes to do tasks outside of cleaning, etc, you may find that the timeline can stretch, which isn't that surprising. For example, my crew successfully and graciously removed all the contents of my garage, including shelves lined with bottles and cans of my own paint, to the center of the garage, simply because I ran out of time to do so.
- I couldn't recommend this team and the experience working with them enough. Over two weeks, they became more than just the contractors at my home, we became friends, aligned to a goal, and I think I can say that we were all pleased with the result.
We recently bought an old home in Durham, and I asked my painter for a recommendation, and he directed me to Zarazua.
The experience was positive from start to finish. More than that, I am a pain-in-the-neck client who is always needing a favor here and a favor there, and they always were able to help me out. We were managing this project from literally 3,000 miles away, which was stressful enough, but Zarazua was by far the easiest vendor to work with.
HISTORIC HOME PRESERVATION
Zarazua Painting, Inc. is certified in lead paint removal. We also perform wood repair and replacement for this national register historic homes in the Durham area. We also provide our stellar painting services to help restore the beauty of these homes.
WATTS STREET DURHAM NC
Built in 1925, The Piper House. Totally Renovated Historic Home W New Kitchen; 3.5 New Baths; Mst Br Up & Down; New Roof; New Wiring; New Plumbing; New Paint; New Hoth20heater. New Courtyard. Off Street Parking (2) In Rear. National Register Of Historic Places. Remodeled In Compliance With Secretary Of Interior’s Standards For Rehabilitation. Zarazua Painting provided comprehensive lead paint removal and extensive wood repair and replacement services. We also primed and painted the entire exterior of this historic property.
IMAN WOODS Photography
HERMITAGE DURHAM NC
New in 1927 when they built homes with care. This charming 4 bedroom, 3 bath, colonial style home is located on a double lot in the tree lined neighborhood of Forest Hills. A kitchen to die for-imported Italian tile accents, ceramic tile back splash and special Venetian ‘gold’ flecked counter tops and banquette surround. Imported Spanish linen window treatments. Zarazua Painting provided complete lead paint removal and wood repair. We also primed and painted this early 20th century historic home.
IMAN WOODS Photography
CLEVELAND ST. DURHAM NC
The Freeland Markham house, Constructed some time between 1907 and 1910, this two-story frame house is a distinguishable example of the late Victorian neoclassical styling popular at that time. The most striking feature of the house is the one-story wraparound porch with a second pedimented tier at the entrance bay; throughout both tiers, the supports are finely detailed Corinthian columns on brick plinths. Leaded glass transoms, sidelights and rondels embellish the front entrances. Although the house is somewhat deteriorated, its exterior is completely intact and the interior is little altered. Matthew Freeland Markham, a partner in the Sneed-Markham-Taylor Company men’s clothing store, had the house built and lived in it until his death in1948.
IMAN WOODS Photography
BUCHANAN BLVD. DURHAM NC
Single family 2,960 sq ft 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home built in 1910.
Zarazua Painting provided lead paint removal and expert wood repair and replacement for this historic property. We also primed and painted the entire residence.
IMAN WOODS Photography
WILLIAM WHITTED HILLSBOROUGH, NC
Provenance note: William Whitted, first owner Architectural note: The home gained several additions in the early to mid-nineteenth century. The oldest part of the house is the front portion. The cookhouse was built in 1900. Historical note: The building was used as a cabinet shop, a store, and it housed the American Legion for many years. The home is located within the boundaries of the Hillsborough Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Zarazua Painting provided complete lead paint removal and wood repair and replacement for this national register historic home located in Hillsborough NC. We also primed and painted the entire residence.
IMAN WOODS Photography
Durham NC. Chapel Hill NC. Hillsborough NC.
Let’s Get in Touch
Request a quote for your project or just say hello.